Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Refreshing


I've been working on many things, mostly internal things about who I am and who I want to be.  It has been a blossoming experience and it excites me for the future.  I've done more art work this year than the last few combined, I'm very pleased.  This piece here I did for my Grandmother's 80th birthday, it's 14"x16" printed on white canvas.  It took about 10 hours total using a tablet on the PC.  I can't help but notice the deflating affect of telling people you made something on the computer.  My tablet pen is no different from a pencil, the time it takes is just as long if not longer because I won't leave a line that I don't like.  No offense to my family, this is just a general observation, that computer work is some "easier" form of doing anything.  It's such a misconception that one almost feels discredited for work done using it.  I suppose if things were in color that it might be different, but I doubt it.  There's also the difficult task of finding space in any home for white canvas on the wall.  It's proven harder than I realised.  I may have to dabble back in traditional for a little while...I have a few ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment